Happy Monday friends! Oh boy. It has been a very, very busy spring/summer wedding season and I’ve just hit my midway point in my 2014 season. I’m sad to see it go by so quickly, but I’m so happy for all of my sweet couples on starting this new chapter in their lives!
The next few weeks slow down for me and it is very much needed. I’ll be spending this time getting some beautiful weddings edited, shooting a few engagement sessions, meeting with a few 2015 couples, taking a few days to sit on a beach and breathe in the ocean air and launching two new projects that I’m super excited about!
Mostly, I’ll be taking this time to get geared up and refreshed for the rest of the 2014 wedding season. Here’s what’s been going on/random thoughts/what to expect on the blog the next few weeks:
- Last Sunday morning, after an absolutely amazing wedding day with Sam + Bubba (on the blog on Friday!) I packed up the car and headed down to the Bay to photograph a stunning styled shoot with some of my favorite people. Including these two above who came to model for me in the middle of July with no questions asked, and absolutely worked it – 90 degree heat and all!
- Weddings. Expect to see lots of wedding catch up on the blog. Starting tomorrow with Linda + Ryan’s gorgeous Sotterley Plantation wedding day.
- In two weeks I’m going to launch a new project that has been on my heart for awhile now and I’m. So. Nervous. But I’m also really excited. I can’t wait to share with you all what’s coming up for SWP.
- I welcomed four new couples to the 2015 wedding season family in the past few weeks and I’m so excited to work with each of them! And yes, sometimes I think of my couples by their year of marriage, as if they were a graduating class. Graduating into married life. It works for me.
- Marathon training took a back seat to weddings over the past month, but this week I’m getting back on track and I’m even taking my neon blue running shoes to visit the ocean.
- Are you on Instagram? I’ve been loving following friends and clients - it’s often easier (and prettier) to use than Facebook! Plus the photographer is me just loves the idea of socializing via images! You can find me on Instagram here.
Have a great week and check back for beautiful weddings, engagements and portrait sessions all week!