I went to the bank on Friday, and before I left I asked the teller for some coin rollers. I must be the only person in the world who still rolls coins because she looked at me like I had three heads. Oh well. As silly as it is, I find it sort of therapeutic and it takes me back to a simpler time. Whenever we went on vacation as a kid, my mom would always empty out the big change jar in the bedroom and we would take the funds with us for a little extra spending money. I always though this was so much fun to roll the coins and see how much money had been saved up in spare change.
When I was in college, I found this change jar that said “Rainy Day Fund” and it made me smile because it reminded me of my mom. I’ve had it with me ever since. The money in the jar has always been just what I need at the right moment, sometimes as a little helper when money got tight, and sometimes as a way to have a little treat. My jar got so full last week I couldn’t squeeze another penny in it and so I rolled all of the coins and came up with $44.00. In change. It always amazes me.
This month, I’m feeling blessed that I get to use the money toward a treat I’ve been saving up on. I’ve been drooling over these shoes, and with Gram’s money from Christmas and my little spare change jar, I’m hoping I’ll be wearing them to the studio launch party in a few weeks! (More on that later). If you’ve ever met my grandmother, you know she will fully approve of this purchase.
Here’s hoping that everyone can enjoy a little spare change treat from time to time :)
Some other Good Stuff:
- I’m so excited to announce that I’ll have the pleasure of working with two new couples at their weddings this year! Be on the lookout for engagement photos of Anna + Frank and Alicia + Tim this spring! I’m so incredibly excited and honored to be working with all of you!
- The incredible style shoot that I was lucky enough to work on last spring with the lovely ladies of Serendipity Bridal and Events got a little bit more recognition this week, both on my favorite DC wedding blog, United With Love as well as on Holly Chapple’s amazing floral blog, The Full Bouquet.
- Here’s to long drives on a sunny day, taking some deep breaths, regrouping and singing along to your favorite songs. Sometimes the little stuff makes a big difference.
On the blog in February:
- A look at how I use my obsession with Pinterest to help stylize sessions.
- A winter themed wedding inspiration board (despite the 60 degree weather here in the city!)
- A look back at images from 2011 and a look forward for the new year.
- Some fun announcements and a few new blog series on weddings and some personal projects
I hope everyone is having a great start to the week!!